Tuning Notes

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 20:05:28 -0500

Barbara,

>I've always wondered about folks playing triads at the very bottom of the
>piano, I don't recall ever seeing them written in any of the piano
>literature I've played (which, I suppose, really doesn't mean a lot!).

I HATE that too. Sounds sort of like the customer who, after you're through
tuning, goes to the piano and starts "banging" on C-88 and saying, "Is this
in tune?" I usually just say, "In relation to what?" and/or show me a piece
of music with that note in it and I'll give you a free tuning!"

I know. There's a "few" out there but the person who does that will
probably never be able to play them! :-)

Avery