Baldwin

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:36:21 -0500

>I need some help or suggestions. For the past few years I have been tuning
>a Hamilton Baldwin 125th anniversary piano in a church in Southern Ontario
>Canada. Its 48 inches. I go for Easter Christmas etc. It is the most
>unstable rascal I have ever dealt with. Budget restrictions forbid a
>Damp-Chaser, even though I explained long term benefits in stability and
>savings. They wondered about other pianos of this type and thought it
>might be the piano. I even offered to let them get another tuner and see
>if it makes a differance. Maybe I am missing something.....any input or
>ideas, gratefully received.
>
>Richard...London ON Canada

Starting with what it isn't - the plate screws don't need tightened, the
strings don't need seated on the bridge, and the pinblock doesn't need CA.
If you aren't already, you should be taking and recording temperature and
humidity readings every time you tune the piano. These readings will show
(most folks) that the problem is with the lack of humidity control in the
building, rather than with the piano.

Ron N