Sticky note: today's puzzler

tom driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 07:21:42 -0400

  Sent: Friday, October 15, 2004 5:32 AM
  Subject: Sticky note: today's puzzler=20

  Ladies and gents,=20

  I've recently encountered a couple of Charles Walter upright pianos =
with "sticky keys."  The notes in question in each case are near the =
treble/bass break.  They do  not stick when the damper pedal is =
depressed.=20

  The problem has been diagnosed and fixed(the second one a bit more =
rapidly than the first one....), but I'll offer a free subscription to  =
this list to anyone who guesses the answer.=20

  I'm just curious how many of you have encountered this one.=20

  Dave Stahl=20
     =20
  Dave,
      You didn't mention any noise associated with this, but I had =
several (C. 1990?) Walters with the spoons rubbing on the damper rod.
      I might be off base here as they really screeched along with =
hanging the wippen up.
      Tom Driscoll.
     =20