Tuning Notes

lgulli2586 lgulli2586@rogers.com
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 07:07:16 -0400

I'm probably in that category, but I try to be the best I can be.  You =
can=20
only make that Whitney the best IT can be.  Just don't try to compare it =

with anything else, and try to leave it better than you found it.

Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT, MPT, CCT, PFP, ACS, CRS.

I tuned two pianos for a music school last year, one quality and the =
other a worn out dead sounding look alike. Some weeks later they =
complained how terrible the old one sounded. I went back and they =
explained it sounded terrible right after I tuned it while the other was =
great. In an attempt to keep a client happy and perhaps a flow of tuning =
leads, I agreed to re-tune the piano. It was more of a minor tweek. The =
teacher came over and pounded out a triad in octove 1, and remarked it =
sounds terrible. I agreed and suggested it was not out of tune rather =
worn out dead bass strings. Her comment was simply it never sounded that =
bad when the other guy tuned it. I gave up...turns out in the past year =
they only sent two leads anyway so I guess I will survive. No matter =
what I said the client insisted I did something wrong to her piano. If =
that had been
one of my first tunings I might have doubted myself, but it wasn't
Richard, London ON Canada