another dampp-chaser thought/question

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 23:37:17

Hi Andrew,

By black tacks do you mean you will not be using velcro to fasten the
bottom cover in place? If so, how will you exchange the pads?

How do you mean you "don't let the bars rest on the beams"? I've never had
a buzz from doing so.

The resistance you speak of is much more of an issue with DC current rather
than AC, and as you pointed out the wattage is quite low.

The unisons "smearing" due to humidiy change is something I have documented
repeatedly. And yes, once the humidity control system has been in operation
for a while the whole instrument will be dramatically more stable.

At 10:41 PM 11/10/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi John,
> I'm going to invest in
>a lot of black tacks for my next undercover job.

>I don't let the bars rest on the beams as that is a potential source of
>buzzing.  Cut them short if you need to.
>
>The electrical cords come folded and tied when you get them.  Just pull out
>enough to reach and then tighten the twist tie.  I then put a wire clip
>close to this coil and fasten to the side of a beam.  Yes they say that
>those can form something like resistance coils when you're welding but the
>wattage is much lower, I don't think it's and issue with these cords.
>
>Wouldn't unisons going out be more of a rendering issue?  Perhaps not if it
>was dry.  You will enjoy the stability that comes when this system is kept
>running.
>
>Good luck,
>Andrew

Regards,