tuning lower notes

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 18:39:39 -0400

On Oct 11, 2004, at 7:19 PM, Richard Brekne wrote:

> Get and read Rick Baldersins  "On Pitch".

As well as the PACE series on tuning by Michael Travis. The most recent
issue of the Piano Technicians Journal has a good article on bass
tuning as well (pp. 24-25). I don't know whether you're a member or not
-- if you aren't, at the very least you should subscribe to the
Journal. It's a fantastic bargain, and a very valuable resource for any
practicing technician.
That said -- yeah, sometimes there's a lot of "garbage" beating which
we have ignore, after we pay due attention to proper octave tests (6:3,
8:4, whatever), especially in spinets of less stellar brands
(American-Aeolian stencil pianos, etc.).

Best wishes,
Patrick Draine