Imagine having only two kinds of pants in just three sizes!

antares antares@euronet.nl
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 00:58:31 +0200

On 10-okt-04, at 19:09, David Ilvedson wrote:

> Andre,
>
> Out of curositiy...what hammers are YOU using...strictly Renner?,=20
> Abel?=A0=A0
>
>  David Ilvedson

Strictly Renner and mostly the AA quality Wurzen, but I order my=20
hammers so that they are not too heavy and not too hard pressed, and=20
you know David Ilvedson, having a good understanding and making a good=20=

deal with the hammer maker in this matter, makes ALL the difference.
I actually think that we as piano technicians should, no, must have a=20
say in the hammer quality and the specifics we think are necessary for=20=

the instruments that WE work with.
Imagine having only two kinds of pants in just three sizes!

This hammer business is too damned important and sensitive, you can=20
just not let it go at that.
Let me tell you that working closely with a hammer technician, who=20
works for a hammer factory, and who understands your technical needs,=20
also creates a type of hammer which will give you much more=20
professional pleasure in life, and it will get you more income too=20
because your piano loving customer hears the difference, goes bunkers=20
about his new sound and will immediately spread the word.
That is exactly how it works. That is good craftsmanship and provides=20
for a very healthy business which will expand till you die.

In my opinion, Renner and Ronsen now make the best hammers in the=20
world. Renner has a fully automated hammer press through which they can=20=

control the complete tension in the new hammers, and I am totally for=20
the felt they use because it is the return of "old gold", which Ray=20
Negron of Ronsen hammers has recognized too.
Ask Dale what he thinks about the Ronsen Wurzen hammers and ask Richard=20=

Brekne what he thinks about the hammers he has bought in the past year.
Don't ask me, I will bore you to death with my enthusiasm...

*(;: >))   Capisce?

friendly greetings
from
Andr=E9 Oorebeek