Renner 'Blues'

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Sun, 10 Oct 2004 10:09:36 -0700

Andre,
Out of curositiy...what hammers are YOU using...strictly Renner?,=
 Abel?
David Ilvedson

From: antares <antares@euronet.nl>
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: Renner 'Blues'

On 10-okt-04, at 7:54, Sarah Fox wrote:

Hi Barbara et al.,

I'm not even sure why my order history is pertinent or, for that=
 matter, public record.

Rest assured that the Department of Homeland Security has duly=
 noted this incident, as well other more fraudulent incidents of=
 "borrowing" (e.g. all the times you "borrowed" sheets of paper=
 and never returned them).

But seriously...

The letter said that Renner (USA) Blues are made of the felt that=
 folks on this forum are only now discovering. Hmmm.... Wurzen? I=
 thought the Blues were made of a lesser felt and that only the=
 European Renners (now) use Wurzen felt. Andre???

Peace,
Sarah

It is exactly as what said, they are Wurzens because they come=
 from Renner and almost all hammers made by Renner are covered=
 with Wurzen felt.
The fact that most Americans do not like these hammers has=
 nothing to do with the felt, but with the way they were made,=
 i.e. the pressure with which they were glued.
Nobody likes stone hard hammers.
What is sad though for all technicians who had no word in this=
 nor choice, is the fact that 'they' kept on distributing these=
 hammers for years, and only now are going to bring the 'better=
 hammers' into the US (if we may believe this).
I personally never wanted to be dependent, but rather choose my=
 own stuff, and I have done so.

On the other hand, this (the hammer business in the USA) is not=
 my business, literally speaking,
but you asked,
and it is a free world,
at least so 'they' say.........