3 questions

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Sun, 10 Oct 2004 15:31:40 -0600

At 11:00 PM 10/9/2004 -0500, you wrote:

>Spot light on ice, hey?  Whew!  Guy Nichols has studied stuff like this a
>lot and *might* have a formula for you to help figure stability.........
>
>Barbara Richmond, RPT

Gosh, Barbara.... Thanks!

Really. Ice? That's when you get water (assuming you have water) to freeze,=
=20
right? Thought so. Yeah, I've seen it before, but... it's never EVER been=20
something I've had the opportunity or desire to study. <G>
Sorry, no words of experience or wisdom to impart for this one. If it's a=20
solo concert, then.... why worry? Float the pitch, maybe, 'cause you're=20
sure not gonna be able to predict the change. I imagine that the spotlight=
=20
might have a little less of an effect due to the severity of the ambient=20
temp, but... whew... too hard to guess. Just remember, it's the strings.=20
Not much else matters. So... if you're really concerned, pre-light (20=20
minutes) or keep shaded. Either method will slow down the changes during=20
play. I guess audience BTUs won't have much impact! Good luck!

Regards,
Guy
Ft. Stinkin' Desert (where there be no ice)

P.S. BTW the "formula" is basically .8=A2 per degree F. . Many other=
 factors,=20
of course. Special thanks to Don Gilmore.