3 questions

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Sat, 9 Oct 2004 23:00:43 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Mike Kurta
To: Pianotech
Cc: Mike Kurta
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2004 1:44 PM
Subject: 3 questions

>Hi Guys & Gals:
>    I have 3 queries and rather than make three emails, I'll ask all three
>  in this one.

> 2.  This same customer wishes to put the piano out on the middle of the
> ice
> rink under a spotlight and perform a concert.  Any thoughts beside
> stability
> and possible damage?

Hi Mike,

Has anyone answered this one?

How long a concert?  My feet and legs used to freeze each year when I tuned
(an hour or less) for one of those High School "All State"conventions and
the piano was brought into a "temporary flooring over ice" arena.  I'd think
for the pianist's comfort (and yours), a stage or platform would be helpful.

Spot light on ice, hey?  Whew!  Guy Nichols has studied stuff like this a
lot and *might* have a formula for you to help figure stability.........

Barbara Richmond, RPT