Steinway factory whippens

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Sat, 9 Oct 2004 11:49:05 -0700

I don't know about their manufacturing but they were doing inventory the
last week or two and that usually means they put a hold on filling
orders.

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Ron Nossaman
Sent: Saturday, October 09, 2004 11:47 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Steinway factory whippens

>Oh, crud.  Monday when I ordered parts, Shannon said it would be a
week,
>maybe two, because there were no whippens on the shelf and they were
>awaiting a new shipment.  So, I was really surprised when the UPS truck

>pulled up on Friday with a package from S&S.  I'm not quite done with
key
>bushings--I would've been done if I had known the parts were going to
be
>here so soon.  :-)  Dang, did I get some of your rejects, Dale?   I
guess
>I'll find out this week.......
>
>Barbara Richmond

Awaiting a new shipment??? Shipment from where? Didn't they spend a
gazillion bucks a few years back to upgrade (or replace) their old
in-house
action parts fabrication equipment to eliminate just these kinds of
problems? Have they now decided they can't make their own parts after
all
and are having someone else not make them instead? I'm apparently out of

touch. What's the story here?

Ron N