Dampp-Chaser Power Cord Organization

Thu, 07 Oct 2004 20:43:25 -0500

At 20:25 10/7/2004, you wrote:
>List,
>Shortening or changing anything concerning an UL
>approved electrical device or cord is not good
>business. If there is any problem with electrical
>shock or anything worse, you've just assumed part of
>the liability. I've never had a customer complain
>about the regular cords and I've installed a whole
>bunch of systems over the years. Also, what happens
>when the customer upgrades to a different piano and
>you have to transfer the system.
>Bob Russell,RPT

The cords come bundled up and held together with twist ties.  I pull out
only enough wire from those bundles to connect the components and then use
a wire clip (of which there are MANY in the D-C packaging) to attach that
bundle, tucked up and out of the way (and sight) on the side of the backpost.

No UL problems, and repositioning and/or reinstallation in another
instrument is no problem.

I also make a loop on the main power cord as a strain relief, so's snagging
(or rearranging furniture...) it won't eviscerate the humidistat.

Conrad Hoffsommer

Early to rise: early to bed;
Makes a man healthy, and socially dead.