OT Windows XP SP2

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 17:54:21 -0500

Cy, ol' buddy,

At 16:47 10/4/2004, you wrote:
>I've just installed XP SP2. Its focus is on improving security, and it has
>some nice features. However, it's a huge update (around 50 Meg to download),

I did it Saturday morning.

78.1 Meg @ 46.6 dialup speed = 4.5 hours download time + 1/2 hour install time

Not too many people call me between 0330 and 0830 on a Saturday morning
anyway...

>Lastly, make sure you have lots of free disk space, and check your file
>system for errors first (click Start, Help, and search for "repairing disk
>errors"). After installing SP2, run the error check again, and then
>defragment your C: drive (because of all the updates).
>
>Good luck!
>
>--Cy--

Fortunately 'tis a new 'puter, so that was not a problem.

Just set up a LAN with my laptop - things could get scary around here!

Conrad Hoffsommer

Early to rise: early to bed;
Makes a man healthy, and socially dead.