Genuine Steinway wippens

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 17:19:13 EDT

I probably have spares of the Abel or Rener parts which I usually  use for
shanks not factory parts.
 Ask me why.
   Dale
  Because

hanks Dale.

So, I was ready to change to 17 mm shanks because these wippens  currently on
the piano (D from 1975) are Renner.  Now, if I change to NY  "improved"
wippens I'll have to test again for 16 or 16.5 mm shanks.  Not  that I can't do
that, of course, it's just going to take forever to get the  right parts--unless
I order sets of each size.  Is that what  folks usually do?  Renner and others
sure have the right idea in  providing a parts kit!

Barbara Richmond