OT - Beer

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 14:14:10 -0500

Those thousands of local breweries were killed off by Prohibition. Truly
sad. Artificial barriers of big government regulation keeps the market
dominated by the big boys, just like Demicans and Repulicrats see to it no
third party can mount a serious challenge.

Joe, I am pleased to hear you are a fellow home brewer. Do we have any
others out there? My wife bought me a starter kit for Christmas in ’97 and
it has been a lot of fun. The two best commercial beers are Cold and Free.
But the best beer by far is what you brew yourself. It’s never the same
twice and its always good. I have a honey wheat ale recipe that is my
favorite.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of hubert liverman
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 12:14 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: OT - Beer

Joe and all

America once had hundreds of local breweries that catered to the varied
markets. Just as in the piano business, the old small businesses died off or
were bought out. The result was not the best for both. Piano Technicians and
Microbreweries are similar in that they must know what they are doing to
give each product its particular taste. That is why this list is
indispensable to me.

Cheers!

Hubert Liverman

 Before the current MicroBreweries even thought of doing the real stuff, I
prefer the TRUE beers of Germany, England, Scottland & Ireland...The US
Microbreweries make reasonable facimiles!