Bechstein

antares antares@euronet.nl
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 20:39:00 +0200

--Apple-Mail-98-496340035
And one of the big problems is tuning :
They have a torque of around 1800 Newton. Man, that's insane!
The other weakness is that their highest notes often don't hit the
sweet spot.
For that reason we have developed better Bechstein hammers with a much
thinner molding.
Figure it out.

pic.

--Apple-Mail-98-496340035
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: text/enriched
Size: 296 bytes
Desc: not available

--Apple-Mail-98-496340035--

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Bech 1.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 54002 bytes
Desc: not available

--Apple-Mail-99-496340038

This high treble molding is a replica of the old Bechsteins. With this=20=

treble hammer you will have no treble problems because the highest=20
treble molding is no thicker than 2,5 mm.
Amp;e room for error!

but who wants to believe this overthere? hah!

EAR

On 4-okt-04, at 9:23, Horace Greeley wrote:

> Hi, Bob,
>
> At 11:58 PM 10/3/2004, you wrote:
>> I'm going to see a two-year old Bechstein (grand) for action=20
>> tweaking. I see very few Bechsteins.  I am very familiar with, and=20
>> experienced in, standard regulating methods. Are there any particular=20=

>> Bechstein-specific tricks of the trade, or pitfalls of which I should=20=

>> be aware?
>
> Basically, less is more.  They are very sensitive to minute changes;=20=

> be sure that the keyframe is fully bedded before trying much of=20
> anything (testing especially bedding when shifted...blahblahblah). =20
> Also, most factory Bechstein needling is done with a single needle. =20=

> What has worked well for me is the tool that Renner used to sell for=20=

> voicing uprights...brass with room for four needles, held between=20
> thumb and first two fingers...great control for single-needle work.
>
> Also, FWIW, most of the ones I have seen in the Bay Area have been=20
> pretty poorly tuned over time; and wind up taking extra time to=20
> straighten that out before moving on to other stuff.  YMMV.
>
> Best of luck;
>
>> Thanks,
>
> My pleasure, hope there is something useful for you in the above,
>
> Best.
>
> Horace

friendly greetings
from