Epoxy

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sat, 2 Oct 2004 12:27:51 -0700

Paul C said: " Clean up is easy with a sharp chisal when the epoxy =
reaches a stiff
gum state; acetone to follow...."
Paul,
Yikes! Refer to my statement about DAG. The same applies to Acetone, =
only more so!!! If you use ANY substance known to thin/remove epoxy, for =
clean up, you will DEGRADE the Epoxy!!!! I keep seeing this and am =
amazed that there are not more failures! Epoxy is very sensitive to this =
sort of thing. Don't do it!
As for the clean up w/a sharp chisel, I'd say that's o.k., but not =
necessary with my system! Dental tools and a specially shaped knife is =
all that is needed to ensure a "pure" termination. Chisels are a bit =
over-kill IMO. Besides, I wouldn't subject my Good Chisels to banging up =
against bridge pins. Hmmm? Not even my Bad Chisels!<G>
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I