Beginning Tuner

Michael Spalding spalding48@earthlink.net
Sat, 2 Oct 2004 09:12:18 -0500

"Different Strokes" by Ken Burton is a good discussion of hammer technique.  Available from Potter Press

" Piano Technician's Guide to Field Repairs" by Stephen Brady covers the essentials for things that may need to be fixed on a given piano before you can start to tune, or, heaven forbid, if something breaks while you are tuning.  Available from the PTG

Journal reprints from the PTG, either hard copy or CD.

----- Original Message -----
From: Ken Kociolek
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Sent: 10/2/2004 8:01:40 AM
Subject: Beginning Tuner

Hello everyone.  I am new to this list and would like to ask some help.  I just finished a beginning tuning course. We used Reblitz's book.  I would like to ask what other books would the list recommend for a beginning student.  Looking through the Schaff catalog, there are quite a few books on tuning. Recommendations would be appreciated.

Outgoing mail is Virus Scanned by Norman Data Defense.
Inbound Spam reduced 98.2% by Vircom Sieve.