Shigeru techs sightings

Jeannie Grassi jcgrassi@earthlink.net
Sun, 7 Nov 2004 18:26:12 -0800

Dave,

I service a number of Shigerus and was fortunate enough to be allowed to =
sit
in when Master Piano Artisan Naomi Hamaguchi worked his magic on one of
them.  I was disappointed not to be able to watch MPA Otake when he =
arrived
last Spring, but later found out that he prefers working alone and would
have been uncomfortable with me there.  Kawai is trying to set up a
technicians' training program just for this reason.  I'm not sure how =
far
along it is (I'm sure Don can respond to that).  We should be respective =
of
these techs.  They are there to work on the pianos, not to train us.  =
They
all have different personalities, as do we, and it may not be =
appropriate
for us to intrude on their work.  It wouldn't hurt for us to take a step
back and realize that there are cultural differences that may also be a
factor here.

jeannie

=20

Jeannie Grassi, RPT

Associate Editor, Piano Technicians Journal

 <mailto:jcgrassi@earthlink.net> mailto:jcgrassi@earthlink.net