one rubber mute

JAMES DALLY jdally@ecr.net
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 09:54:22 -0500

Re: one rubber muteDavid:  I'd also like your further explanation.  =
Thanks Jim
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Andersen=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2004 11:24 PM
  Subject: Re: one rubber mute

    WHen I'm in the temperament section, I'm constantly using reference =
strings for checks -- testing fifths with the major sixth below the =
lower note of the fifth, for example. How do you do this efficiently =
using a single rubber mute?

  Do you mean you use strings you haven't tuned yet as references? I =
don't do that; I just tune as I go, using the tests I've learned within =
the notes I've tuned. Email me privately, Jason, and we'll talk about =
this so you can get an idea of what I'm doing....

  David Andersen