Mutiple bouncing

Joseph Alkana josephspiano@comcast.net
Wed, 26 May 2004 19:33:49 -0700

Well, if the jack doesn't come out before it hits the string, of course =
it's gonna bounce! Did I miss something or why don't you just adjust =
let-off a tad wider? Are the dampers lifting at the correct place in the =
key stroke? If they lift late many times the timing is upset because of =
the poor feeling at let-off occurring at the same time the dampers lift =
to the key. Use the damper pedal and see if the problem disappears. Keep =
us advised
Joseph Alkana  RPT
josephspiano@comcast.net
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Jere Fryett=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 6:56 PM
  Subject: Mutiple bouncing

  Dear List,

  Several of the new Yamaha P22's and M600's that have been coming into =
the=20
  store here in Minot have terrible multiple bounce problems on very =
soft=20
  playing.  I have tried several things and nothing seems to work for=20
  me.  The specs seem to be on or at least fairly close.  For key height =
I=20
  get 58mm from the key bed but only 19mm from the top of the key slip =
to the=20
  top of the key.  The hammer strikes the wire before the jack is =
halfway=20
  out.  Loud playing or even moderately loud playing gives no problem, =
it is=20
  just that very soft, light touch that gives the problem.

  What should I do short of a full regulation?  Is there a quick fix?  I =
have=20
  some luck increasing the key dip but not a lot.  There are people =
looking=20
  at these pianos but they bounce so badly they are getting turned off.

  Thanks for your help.

  Jere