Betsy Ross Spinet

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Wed, 19 May 2004 20:19:36 -0500

I don't think they were in "nearly excellent condition" at any time,
including at the end of the factory assembly line!

If you like the Betsy as a "novelty" item, however, don't let anyone
stop you ... in fact I know of a 60's P.A. Stark spinet that is even
more "quaint." I'll see if they'll sell it to you through me with a
commission of, say, $900 for a total sale price of, say, $901. Let me
know if you're interested. ;-}

Alan R. Barnard
Taking a break from yard work in Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: RptBob1@aol.com [mailto:RptBob1@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 7:12 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Betsy Ross Spinet

In a message dated 5/19/2004 8:05:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Alpha88x@aol.com writes:

             Is a Lester, Betsy Ross spinet piano a "novelty" item. I
believe somewhere I heard that they are a desired piano. About what
dollar amount would one go for in nearly excellent condition? Who would
want to buy such an animal? A collector? The serial number is 229940 and
I am

They are not a desired piano.  They are generally dog-like in quality
and that is the animal that would most likely appreciate one. Value
without seeing one would be in the 400-600 class if in "nearly excellent
condition".  But a technician seeing the instrument could give you a
better idea.

Bob Bergantino, RPT

---