Bandsaw

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Sun, 16 May 2004 20:43:29 EDT

In a message dated 16/05/04 8:00:38 PM, joegarrett@earthlink.net writes:

<< I

immediately went out and bought a Craftsman, (Olde/Used), 10" w/a 2 H.P.

motor on it. This is my tool today. Even tho it is adequate for most of my

needs, I wish I had gone out and really gotten the best, ie PowerMatic with

all of the neat precision table stuff. >>

I agree Joe...with thingees such as Table saws a little budget cutting does
not pay if it can possibly be helped otherwise.

 I have a 10" Craftsman that I bought in 1966... I was cutting up some old
Walnut Baldwin tone cabinets to make our dining room table. I think I paid $119
for it during the annual Sears tool sale. :-)
 The thing is a bear......all the mechanism parts are cast iron as are the
table and extensions...... the only thing I have ever done to it is upgrade the
motor to a three HP unit. I sure would like to get a spiffy new PowerMatic or
some such but this danged thingee just won't wear out!!
 Buy the best you can afford that is appropiate to the work you expect to do
with it and you'll never be sorry.
My thoughts
Jim Bryant (FL)