steinway over hardened hammer

Thu, 06 May 2004 18:00:07 +0200

I'll back you up on the confusing bit. It's hard to find out whats what
out there. But look around long enough and pay attention and things
start to come clear in the end.

Btw... S&S is not just S&S.  In Hamburg they frown big time on the
general use of lacquer.  Oh they use it very sparingly in the very top
and sometimes in the bottom... but 95 % or more of their voicing efforts
are with needles only.  So what a stateside S&S tech does isnt
representative of Steinway and Sons in general.  Its representative of
the NY branch of the company only.

Cheers
RicB