Some details on a moderated pianotech

BobDavis88@aol.com BobDavis88@aol.com
Thu, 6 May 2004 11:39:01 EDT

So those of us who want to talk about "pianos" on a "pianotech" list must pay
by losing real-time access? Doesn't seem fair. I'd like to trot out an idea I
proposed last brouhaha - if we're going to have parallel lists, make them
pianotech and pianochat. Those who like the full range of talk simply subscribe
to both, and they will transparently continue to receive posts both about
pianos, and about barbeques and Jesus. Those who want to receive only piano talk
subscribe to pianotech. This is the way it works now with pianotech and caut.
For those of us who subscribe to both, it's like one big list; but those who
aren't interested in college matters don't see those posts.

I too enjoy richness of expression and the individuality of my colleagues.
Watching the list over the past years, I don't see complaints when someone
cracks a joke or mentions beer in a basically piano-related discussion, (and
besides, what would we do without Andre', the Netherlander who uses English more
poetically than most of us for whom it is a first language?).

I don't think there's all that much disagreement on where the line is. If
there were easy access to a parallel list, no one has to moderate, and if an
off-topic post shows up, it is fair game for PRIVATE reminders to take it to
pianochat.

Thanks to all,
Bob Davis