Happy Wurlitzer to you! ( Special to Mr. Brekne )

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Tue, 4 May 2004 18:40:48 -0700 (PDT)

Richard, I have been restaining myself. And I do
experience the sense of relief which comes when one
has the honor of dispatching a "piano" which has
blighted the planet with its noxious presence, such as
cheap, tacky spinets and such.
     But I must confess that I actually saw a
Wurlitzer spinet which impressed me once. Yup. Very
early production, probably late 1930's. Immaculate
condition. With a bass that would waste many small,
and even medium sized grands !!! I was stunned and sat
there thunking away on it until the owner had had
enough. Truly amazing tone for a tiny piano.
     Too bad they didn't keep making them this way.
     Thump

 --- Richard Brekne <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no>