Dear Mr. Avery

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Tue, 4 May 2004 08:34:52 -0600

Hi LarryinAtlanta,
You may not get tons of replies to your posts becuase others who read =
them find that they are so well writen that no reply is needed.
Do post more often, we need piano topics not slam chit chat, tit for =
tat.
In 39 years of teaching in the public schools, it never ceased to amaze =
me that when ever a difficult student moved, there always arose one from =
the class to take their place O:((
And do sign your posts, Mother
Joe Goss RPT
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: LarryinAtlanta@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 7:52 AM
  Subject: Re: Dear Mr. Avery

  In a message dated 5/4/2004 3:59:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time, =
Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no writes:
    Grin.. I just love these kinds of replies to Political or Religous =
OT=20
    threads...

    One starts by pointing out that such posts have nothing to do with =
the=20
    general topic of pianos... then without further ado engage directly =
in=20
    the OT thread with a counter attack... directed right at ones =
person. =20
    And not only that.. but one feels the need to do it in public... to=20
    display for all to see ones own position on the (both) matter (s).

  Grin...... I just love the replies to these kind of replies. They =
always ignore the fact that if someone hadn't already "attacked", and in =
public, there would be no need to respond, then without further ado they =
talk about the responder's remarks and call those remarks a "counter =
attack directed right at one's person" instead of it occuring them that =
those remarks were not meant as an "attack" nor were they aimed at one's =
"person" but rather were made to show that the same rock can be tossed =
both ways, so quit tossing rocks and get back to talking about the =
things you're here to talk about.

  For instance - we've learned a lot from all this, haven't we? We've =
learned that those on the right disagree with those on the left. =
Wow..... I never knew that.... that information is going to help me a =
whole lot next time I'm trying to find a squeak in someone's piano....I =
know now that the answer is to ask the owner of the piano if they're on =
the right or on the left, and if they're on the left, their piano =
squeaks because it's a Republican and it wants to get away from them. =
And as we learn these valuable lessons, I have noticed that major topics =
of the goings on in the piano business are flying right over everyone's =
heads - for instance.... is anyone aware that Samick bought part =
interest in Bechstein and that Bechstein now offers C. Bechstein from =
Germany and a line labeled simply Bechstein made in Korea? Has anyone =
discussed the fact that Samick bought Young Chang and may be =
discontinuing the YC and Pramberger brands, or may simply turn them into =
stencil brands placed on Samick pianos? I don't recall reading anything =
here about it, but it has a lot more to do with your career as a piano =
technician than which side of the political spectrum the management of =
these companies belong to.

  As I said before - I don't post much here, because for the most part I =
get ignored when I do. I suppose I don't know the secret handshake. But =
it seemed silly to me that someone would engage in a political rock =
tossing and then make a grand exit because they didn't like what got =
said back. That seems like such a waste when there are things they could =
be learning about pianos.=20

  From my point of view, I just told you more about pianos than you've =
learned in this entire thread. So either way, I may have done some good =
- I usually am ignored so totally that a thread simply dies the minute I =
post to it. That would be a good thing in this case. On the other hand, =
I've just told you two things about the piano industry that will have a =
major affect on the marketplace, and as a result could have an impact on =
you. Maybe that will earn me the right to learn the secret handshake. =
But it seems to me it would make more sense to discuss these two issues =
than to discuss politics.