Shortening plastic keytops

Dave Doremus algiers_piano@bellsouth.net
Tue, 4 May 2004 16:14:04 -0500

A laminate trimmer works fine, just double stick tape a piece of
1/16" aluminum to the key fronts as a guide and clamp the keys
solidly down to a rail. Then its easy to file a bevel along the
front, with good light, and buff. I have done this several times this
year on sets of keys that someone, for some reason left overhanging
by 1/4" or more. Isnt it funny how these things come in waves,
probably 10yrs before I do it again......Has anyone tried a roundover
bit, say 1/8" radius?

----Dave

Dave Doremus, RPT
New Orleans