Jack to knuckle position

Dean May DeanMay@PianoRebuilders.com
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 08:44:05 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On =
Behalf Of Alpha88x@aol.com
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 8:10 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Jack to knuckle position=20
=20
Greeetings,

                 When the keystroke of a grand piano key is complete, =
how far front should the jack's final position be in relationship to the =
knuckle?  I know it shouldnt be as far front as to have it buried in the =
stop felt at the end of the rep lever or too far back either.=20

rookie
Julia Gottchall
Reading, PA