Plywood soundboard

Kevin E. Ramsey kevin.e.ramsey@cox.net
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 18:12:40 -0700

That would probably be a good candidate for a damp-chaser system, IMHO.  =
Spinets go wildly out of tune sometimes, and can benefit greatly from a =
good system install.

Kevin.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: George Bartlett=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2004 10:30 PM
  Subject: Plywood soundboard

        I am looking for some info on a Rudolph Wurlitzer.=20
  I tuned one of these babies three months ago, and discovered that =
that's as long asthe tuning lasted.=20
  It went terrbily out and dropped in pitch.
  Observed a plain plywood {laminated} soundboard with no lacquer,  =
varnish of any kind. The piano went so far out in the three month period =
that I suppected that the soundboard had actually twisted. I could not =
find any signs of any structuual damage and the tuning pins were very =
tight.
  Any advice on these instruments....customer needless to say is very =
concerned ...
  George