Plywood soundboard

George Bartlett gbart@thezone.net
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 21:30:51 -0800

      I am looking for some info on a Rudolph Wurlitzer.=20
I tuned one of these babies three months ago, and discovered that that's =
as long asthe tuning lasted.=20
It went terrbily out and dropped in pitch.
Observed a plain plywood {laminated} soundboard with no lacquer,  =
varnish of any kind. The piano went so far out in the three month period =
that I suppected that the soundboard had actually twisted. I could not =
find any signs of any structuual damage and the tuning pins were very =
tight.
Any advice on these instruments....customer needless to say is very =
concerned ...
George