iron frame painting

Rob Goodale rrg@unlv.nevada.edu
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 13:01:23 -0800

Do yourself a favor:  REMOVE the agraffs and buff/polish them to look =
like new.  Make a template to keep them and their associated spacer =
washers in correct order when they are removed.  Don't worry about the =
hitch pins.  Do this right and it will be highly rewarding and look like =
a million bucks.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV

  Dear list.
  We have to paint an iron frame.
  This is first time we do it.

  Shall we cover the hitch pins with paper for not cover them?
  How about the agraffe? it can cause damage if painting reach into =
their holes? can it cause bad sound? should I cover the agraffes as =
well?
  If not painting, how agraffes can be cleaned?

  Should I use a lacquer after painting, or just the spray-aerosol is =
enough. ?

  Thank you.=20

  Coello