iron frame painting

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:39:19 -0800 (PST)

I usually do not worry about the hitch pins, but I
cover the agraffes with heat-shrink electrical
connection tubing. And it will look much better, and
for longer, if a clear topcoat is applied. Many
technicians use dedicated, separate spray guns for the
bronze paint, but I have gotten ( after trying dozens
of brands ) VERY nice results using
DeRusto# 611 Metallic Gold aerosol, topcoated with
Deft Clear Gloss. The amazing thing about this
combination is that the topcoat will not re-dissolve
the bronze paint underneath, and disrupt the
metalflakes. But it will stick very nicely.
    When the Deft topcoat is first applied, it will
make the bronze paint underneath look very brown. But
once it is dried, it will be a lovely brownish-gold,
with none of that disgusting looking green tint that
many aerosols create!
     Thump

--- Coello_Servicio_T?nico_de_Pianos