New wheels for a Yamaha U3

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 10:14:53 -0400

Hi David,
If a small height difference won't make a difference, use the plate casters,
#1903 on page 11 of the Schaff Catalogue. The wheels are the same as the
ones on the socket casters recommended for schools, on page 135 of their
catalogue.
In order to use the socket casters, you have to change the socket, which
will require that the original hole be modified, to accommodate the smaller
insert. Plug it and drill for the new socket. Sorry I can't remember the
size of the hole, for the plug. You might also have to route to have
clearance for the wheel to rotate the 360 degrees.
That is why the plate caster is easier.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada