Voicing for a big, dead hall

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 19:12:09 -0600

>>Now I am faced with a "whole nuther" situation---a really big, cavernous,
>>suck up the sound sort of hall.  What does it take  to reach the back of a
>>place like this (besides redesigning the hall).  I was thinking perhaps a
>>brighter attack than I usually go for, still keeping the give on the
>>shoulders--after all, adequate sustain should help (shouldn't it?).  A
>>local tech, whose concept of tone is a bit different than mine, once told
>>me that you have to have that granite sound to carry.

>>What's your experience?

>What you need is POWER Barbara.

>friendly greetings
>from
>André Oorebeek

Well, yes.  So........do you have any you can ship over here?  ;-)

Umm, I hoping for a few more specifics.  Are there any?  I guess the
question is, is there anything different to do in this situation besides my
usual "let's get this baby to sing" routine?

Just looking for suggestions before I go in.

Barbara Richmond