Dampp-Chaser Concerns

Richard Cromwell rcromwell1@msn.com
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 22:17:48 -0500

I recently installed a 7-part 2 tank system into a Bosendorfer 7ft. The
client called and is concerned that the system is drying out his piano. He
thinks that heater bars are too hot (he says they are too hot to touch for
even a few seconds). He mounted a hygrometer under the soundboard for a few
hours and says it is reading 35%. Has anyone ever had problems with a system
malfunctioning and demolishing a piano? The client has since unplugged the
system until I can get out there to look at it, but I don't really know what
to look for.

Does anyone have any ideas or comments?

Rick Cromwell

Cromwell's Piano Service