Roto ZIp- Shop tips

Jeannie Grassi jcgrassi@earthlink.net
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:13:03 -0800

Hi Dale,
I'd like to use this for TT&T, but a picture sure would make it easier
for people to understand.  Is that something you can get me?  John can
illustrate from the photo, as long as it is easy to see.  Let me know if
this is something you can do.  Thanks,

jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Registered Piano Technician
Island Piano Service
mailto:jcgrassi@earthlink.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2004 7:56 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Roto ZIp- Shop tips

    List
  I've never found any use for the darned thing till today.  I was
staring at the rib notches of an S&S B before installing the board &
thinking I have to clean those a bit more. I dislike this part of belly
work.  Scraping & steaming etc. I was thinking quick fix.  So I whipped
out the roto zip with  the spiral blade thingees & router like end &
using it in a flat configuration was able to clean & rough up the
notches a bit in about 5 minutes. I just layed the length of the blade
in to the notch & & presto chango it was done!
  Also I'm always cleaning the slots of music desk guides to fit the new
glides after a string /belly job on a Steinway. I usually use a thinned
out chisel with moderate success & nashing of teeth but this little
hummer cleaned it up pretty well in short order & was very controllable.
  ANy others have a use for this tool?
  Good day
  Dale

Erwins Pianos Restorations