beats vs. cycles vs. cents

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:37:57 +0000

ric B wrote:

<snip>
Nonsense. Music is based on the total net effect two or more differing
tones create when played together. With out a wholistic perspective to
put tones in, a scale, or any other secquence of notes would quickly
become meaningless and totally uninteresting... and music would never
have become a part of our beings.
<snip>

Yo ric, ya ever hear any of the Bach solo suites for cello?  Or any other
solo works for instruments that don't play more than one note at a time?
How 'bout the voice?  I know we're in pianoland here, but there's a whole
lot more to music than just the beats that we work with!

Ron Koval
(a few days behind  in reading, but trying to catch up...)