vertical regulation time

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 07:31:42 -0800

John Formsma said: "I do plan to buy the labor booklet from PTG which will
probably give me
the answers to my questions, but I'm never thinking about it from 9-5."

John,
First of all, the Repair Labor Guide is your answer to the query of "time
for regulation". It is available from The Randy Potter School of Piano
Technology.
Secondly, most of the items you listed have to do with reconditioning, NOT
regulation. Regulation is adjusting and refining the tolerances of movement
of the piano mechanism, only.
Personally, I would charge your hourly rate, whatever that may be.
Beginners, etc., should have a lower hourly rate. This will help offset the
longer times to do jobs. Fair is fair. After all, you did put in the time,
so you should be compensated for it. A serious chat with the dealer should
produce an equitable agreement.
Best Regards,

Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police