radiant heath system

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4@earthlink.net
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 08:07:35 -0600

Subject: radiant heath system

Hello,

A Yamaha C-5 owner is house shopping and has asked me if a radiant
heating could harm her piano. I did a google search only to find out
that this system heats the objects in a room and the objects then heat
the surrounding air. Has any of you had experience with this kind of
system?
Can any of you lighten me up on this?
Thanks,
Marcel, RPT

We have radiant heat throughout our house.  They are cove heaters about 8
feet long mounted about 10 inches from the ceiling.  When on, they feel like
sunlight.  There are no drafts.  Objects in the rooms are too far from the
heaters to get hot. Humidity is easy to control with a couple of room
humidifiers--one on each floor--when necessary.   Humidity swings are slow
and gradual.  Our Mason & Hamlin upright, circa 1900, is quite happy.

Paul C