Roto ZIp- Shop tips

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 10:55:52 EST

    List
  I've never found any use for the darned thing till today.  I was staring at
the rib notches of an S&S B before installing the board & thinking I have to
clean those a bit more. I dislike this part of belly work.  Scraping &
steaming etc. I was thinking quick fix.  So I whipped out the roto zip with  the
spiral blade thingees & router like end & using it in a flat configuration was
able to clean & rough up the notches a bit in about 5 minutes. I just layed the
length of the blade in to the notch & & presto chango it was done!
  Also I'm always cleaning the slots of music desk guides to fit the new
glides after a string /belly job on a Steinway. I usually use a thinned out chisel
with moderate success & nashing of teeth but this little hummer cleaned it up
pretty well in short order & was very controllable.
  ANy others have a use for this tool?
  Good day
  Dale

Erwins Pianos Restorations