Voicing the CFlll

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 16:42:19 -0500

> Phil Bondi wrote:
>
>> I don't mean to stir the pot here, but when someone tells me no, I
>> would like to know the reason why your opinion is no, or why your
>> experiences say no..I really prefer the experienced voice over the
>> opinion, but I will listen to both, obviously.

After Roger and others talked about steam voicing (Rog being an
advocate of a damp linen cloth and iron, while others were pointing
streams of steam at their hammers), the instructors in Yamaha classes
made a major point of telling attendees that steam voicing was
completely verboten, and any warranty applicable to the hammers had
gone "POOF" with the first cloud of steam.

Patrick Draine