Voicing the CFlll

Fri, 12 Mar 2004 20:11:45 +0100

Phil

To begin with... not all hammers are equal.... The hammers used on the
CF111 are certainly not going to be of same quality to those used on
your standard U1 school upright yes .... ??

Secondly... its not just one person who has advised you against steam
and laquer.... its virtually everyone who responded.... yes ?? Even Mr
Steam himself our own Roger the Jolly Roger !! :)

This is a superb quality instrument.... several hundred slices above
your usual everyday Baldwin Acrosonic. You opened your post with
something along the lines of....  " a chance for some REAL voicing"....
and this was a correct assesment. Take the opportunity if you feel you
are ready.... but be rather carefull then brash.

Master Concert voicing is simply not something you pick up without
further ado.  Follow Andre's advice, as several have suggested. If you
do... you will learn something and you will come out looking good and
you will next time around be even better prepared to create that
beautiful sound you are looking for.

Cheers
RicB