Electric Planers & Blades & Pinblocks

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 10:11:40 EST

In a messa
Subject: Re: Electric Planers & Blades & Pinblocks

        Well of course Del ,bigger is always better but always more bucks!
   Dale
      The but is planing wide pieces of maple take its toll on any planer
blades & a heavier machine will be required.
  Get out the check book. In fact a 15 inch would even be better & the new
delta is about $1150.00 if I remeber right.
  Dale

Well, goodness, if you're going to spend that kind of money pop for another
hundred or so and get yourself a Grizzly 20". We've used one for a few years
now and have been quite happy with it. Very little finesse to this brute but it
does have a lot of gray iron to back it up and it does hog right on through
hard maple or anything else you might want to throw at it.

Del