ETD's

Sun, 07 Mar 2004 13:26:40 +0100

Cy Shuster wrote:

> TuneLab products are here:
>
> www.tunelab-world.com
>
> If you download TuneLab 97, be sure to download and install the related
> "calculate" plugin.  It's a big help in generating the tuning curves to
> begin with!

Actually, I would not recommend using that plugin. I found it far from
satisfactory myself. Besides... Tunelabs greatest strength is exactly
that it does NOT calculate a tuning automatically, but requires you to
set one up by savy use and selection of appropriate partials. This lends
itself perfectly to gaining a better understanding of just how partial
matchings are used to create tuning curves to begin with, helps your
general understanding of tuning/inharmonicity issues, and allows for
several more degrees of freedom in planing your tuning creatively.

Cheers
RicB