three little bottles

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 18:28:42 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Tvak@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, March 06, 2004 4:03 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: three little bottles

List

Recently bought three bottles of CA from Schaff, one of each viscosity.
All three were kept together, first arriving in a plastic bag, and then
entering my "glue kit".  I opened the thin bottle and when examining
each of them today that one is still good.  Much to my amazement, the
medium viscosity, which had never been opened, is solid as a rock.  I
threw it out.

How could that happen?  Still sealed in its bottle, it somehow hardened
into a solid mass.  Meanwhile, the bottle which had been opened, and the
remaining closed bottle are both still good.

What the hey?

Tom Sivak
Chicago

            Tom,

            I've had the same issues with the stuff.

            My solution was to buy my CA from a hobby shop. I have one
very local and buy very small quantities. The extra expense from buying
small bottles is more than offset by eliminating shipping cost.

            Tom Driscoll