the mass of the brass is a gass

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Thu, 04 Mar 2004 21:39:01 -0600

>Can't weight to try it! (sorry)

Sorry for what? This is heavy stuff.

>    What did you use to space your mass over the pins?
>
>Guy

Nothing. I just stopped cranking before the brass contacted the pins. Since
I had soldered a sheetrock screw into the brass mass and lubed the hole in
the bridge with Titebond, everything was reasonably solid with the
mass-on-a-pole approach. My preference would have been to install it from
the back side, flush with the soundboard, but the cantilever convinced me
not to do it that way. As to whether solidly affixing the mass to the back
would have been better than suspending it on a pole in front, I'll leave as
an exercise for the reader(s).

It ain't pretty, but it's less bad than it was.

Ron N