the mass of the brass is a gass

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Thu, 04 Mar 2004 20:06:00 -0700

Ron,

   Funny you should mention this. I've got a customer with not enough job
and a machine shop in his garage. He milled a small collection of round
weights for me, from around 50g to one that's about 180. Almost the size of
my scale calibration weight. I always appreciated the mass loading on the
back of the Baldwin 6000 vertical, and after one of Del's classes I decided
to be prepared. (the customer also liked feeling useful). I used one on a
three-legged spinet, but haven't tried a true vertical spinet, yet. The
Acrosonic sounds like a great candidate. Can't weight to try it! (sorry)
    What did you use to space your mass over the pins?

Guy