buckskin/leather hammer covers

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 15:48:45 -0600

Was it Ric, who mentioned using buckskin/leather to cover worn out =
hammers?  What material?  What glue?  Is there any other information I =
should have (like, where to buy it)?  I took a look at the archives and =
got some information.  There seemed to be a promising post from Keith, =
but someone came to the door, I hung up and then when I got back on =
line, I couldn't find the post again.  Grr.

This is one of those hard luck cases--it's a Packard grand (family =
heirloom), made in 1920.  I'm just trying to "fix things up."    :-)

Thanks,

Barbara Richmond. RPT
Somewhere near Peoria, IL