tone change

Christopher D. Purdy purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 16:11:06 -0500

Conrad,

Now THAT make sense.  I can see how a pitch raise could slightly
change the bridge angle, enough to change how sound travels through
the bridge to the sound board. I'd be willing to bet that is what
changed the tone.

In your case it sounds like the cap was separating from the bridge.
That is not the case here.  This isn't that drastic.

On an interesting note, the piano seems to be a little brighter
today.  Not what it was but better.  I yanked this bird up something
like 150 cents so it probably went a little nuts with that kind of
change.

chris